We understand that sickness can occur at any time, and we provide a nurse call line and an extensive Health Information Library to assist you. If your child is sick after office hours:
- First, check our extensive Health Information Library for a list of symptoms and how to effectively treat them at home.
- If your child has a fever, please read our fever information page.
- Click here or call 919-467-5543, where we have trained pediatric nurses available 24-hours-a-day to answer your urgent medical questions. After they carefully assess your child’s problem, they can help you decide:
- If your child can be cared for at home
- If your child needs an appointment the next day
- If your child needs urgent treatment that cannot wait
If your child needs urgent treatment, our trained nurses will help you decide if your child would be best served at an emergency department or urgent care center.
- If you decide that your child needs to be seen before we are in the office the next day, we recommend the following places:
- Accent Urgent Care
- WakeMed Cary ED
- WakeMed Raleigh has a specialized children’s ED which can provide all levels of care especially designed to treat children and adolescents.
If you seek care in one of these places, please call us and let us know where your child has been seen so we can help with appropriate follow-up care.